Friday, October 16, 2015

Old Depot Museum - part 2

The display I remembered most from my previous visit was a large scene of the entire siege.  I'm glad it is in a better space.  In the future I'd love to add pictures of the modern ground to match each scene.  Maybe even use drones to get the same angles as here.  I know for one thing there would a ton more trees, maybe too many for this to be meaningful at all.  But in some areas of the park the trees are being removed to replicate the 1863 appearance, so maybe some day it would be possible.

There are info plaques around the display so that you know what each scene is.  I did not take pictures of those so I cannot comment on what each scene is.  I highly recommend making this museum part of your Vicksburg tour.















No comments: