Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A minor anniversary

Saturday was my 200th day of doing this blog. I know in the blogosphere that does not represent too long a commitment, there are plenty of blogs that have been around much longer than me. I'm continually amazed at the number of visits I receive (again I realize from source reports that I'm far down the readership list but I didn't start this in hopes of being the most widely read blogger, I did it for fun, its still fun so I'll keep doing it). Sometime today I will have my 2500th unique visitor. My readers have come here 7409 times so it seems that people keep coming back, must be doing something right. And my readers have also viewed the site 11643 times so when they come back for repeated visits they check a few pages of posts so that is also encouraging.


Blogger also keeps statistics on where people are from. These stats continually amaze me. I've had readers in 60 countries. The United States makes up 93.3% of my readers but I've actually got a pretty strong contingent from the United Kingdom, Canada, Italy, Spain and Germany. In the US I still am missing a reader from North Dakota but have had visits from the other 49 states and Washington DC. Colorado is the number one source of visits. The other top states are Tennessee, California, Virginia and Ohio.


This is my 198th post and I've had 119 comments left, at least comments that I've allowed to remain. Occasionally someone leaves a comment promoting some diet miracle or whatnot and I delete those but I've only had a handful of problems in that regard. I have read every comment left me and I try to leave a response.


Finally I'd like to thank you for your support of the diabetes walk I participated in at the end of October. It was a great time and I intend on doing it again next year, maybe even running the course. I hit my personal fundraising goal of $150 and our team raised $565. My girlfriend is probably gonna kill me for posting this picture but oh well. That's her and her son in the front row. On the back row that's me on the left, then her friend Erin, her sister Annemarie and her sister's friend Angie. We were the Sugar Sisters, which I guess made me the sugar daddy. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch! Spent hours wanderings also as an amateur history nut. Last week spent 4 hrs at Shiloh on my second visit. Again I was extremely disappointed at their published tour maps sites etc. perhaps I know too much?