Monday, March 1, 2010

Comments

I regret I've had to step up the level of comment moderation again. I have started receiving gibberish Chinese comments again (or maybe they really are saying how they love the Civil War, but I bet not). So all comments now need to be reviewed before they are posted, previously if you commented the day the post appeared it was not moderated. Oh well. So if you don't see your comment appear right away that is why. I wish it would let me make a list of safe commentators so that frequent users of the blog would have all their comments appear right away but that is not yet an option (or at least I don't know how to set that as a feature). Thanks for understanding.

2 comments:

Harry said...

Nick, that's a standard feature with WordPress.com. For instance, your first comment on my blog was moderated, but after approval all subsequent comments were unmoderated. Similarly, if a comment makes it past my spam filter (Akismet) and I identify it as spam via moderation, all subsequent posts from that address will go straight to spam.

Nick said...

Hmm, I might have to consider moving to wordpress then. Comment moderation is not the fun part of blogging.