Friday, September 2, 2016

84th Indiana - picket position

When I was single I took a trip to Chickamauga and camped near the battlefield for a week.  It was a great trip in late October.  Beautiful weather, walking the battlefields of Chickamauga and Chattanooga by day and sleeping in my little tent by night.  The campground I stayed at was filled with RVs, I was the only tent there.  I was asked silly questions while cooking dinners, things like "are you sleeping in that?"  "No, I have an RV behind the tree line, the tent is just for changing shoes."  One interesting aspect of the campground was that they said they had their own monument.  And right by the main building they did have a plaque and cannons.  But just beyond the tents they had a real monument.  At the time I inquired at the national park if there were others like this and the look the guy gave me let me know that he didn't really know about this one.
  

No comments: