Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shiloh monuments

My series of Shiloh monuments has come to a close. Earlier someone had suggested I do the Confederate side. I did do the Confederate monuments, unfortunately they lack the numbers that the Union has. You'll find this pattern repeated at every battlefield in this country, I cannot think of a single major battlefield that has more Confederate monuments than Union. Chickamauga might be the closest in terms of numbers. In the near future I will be posting an order of battle with links to my previous blogs showing the monument plus links to pdfs of the unit's report from the Official Records. When I do that I will also link all the Confederate reports so while they lack the volume of monument posts they will at least be more evenly represented in the report side of things.